Welcome to the Bangor Area School District Cyber Program. Please refer back to this page periodically for updates about our program and the start of the school year.
Dear Bangor Families,
Please note that the contents of this message DO NOT apply to laptop computers.
Many of our Connexus cyber students who are using the iPad have experienced issues. The issue is connected to activities that need a flash player in the iPad browser (Safari). Unfortunately, this issue was unexpected and very disruptive for students. Connexus and our technology team have been working collaboratively and have developed a solution.
The solution is to use a different browser (Not Safari). This browser is called PUFFIN. We have purchased the new browser and made it available in our Self Service Store for the iPads. The Bangor Area School District Technology Department and Connexus strongly advise you to only use PUFFIN to access Connexus.
To download the Puffin App, the District has a contactless process. The iPad must be brought to either the driveway in front of Five Points Elementary School office or the driveway between the main bus entrance and door H1 at the front of the Bangor Area High School. The parent may drive in their vehicle to either of these locations, park their car and follow the directions below.
- Verify you are connected to Wifi (if not you can connect to the Network iPadReg no password)
- Locate the “Self Service” icon on the iPad and touch it
- Under the Connexus heading (or type PUFFIN in the search box)
- Click Puffin Cloud Browser
- Then click install
- Wait for the Application to install
- Once app is full color (not greyed out) you may leave (PUFFIN will not work on District wifi).
At home, open the PUFFIN browser and type in the link provided to you for Connexus.
Instructions for using Puffin can be found here:
Parents may visit either location immediately to complete the download, including this weekend. Because of student arrival and dismissal for in-person instruction downloading the app will be unavailable Monday through Friday according to the times below.
Five Points Elementary School between 8:00 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Bangor Area High School 6:45 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
We realize this a considerable inconvenience to the start of the school year and appreciate your patience, help and understanding to resolve the issue.
Bangor Administrative Team
The Bangor Area School District Cyber Program is a District-based online learning program that provides an alternate approach to learning for students from Kindergarten through 12th grade. The Bangor Cyber Program offers its students many advantages.
- Full-time K-12 online learning program, managed and taught by Bangor School District staff and teachers.
- Access to district resources and full participation in curricular activities, special programs, extracurricular activities (clubs, musical groups, musical, prom, etc.), school pictures and special ceremonies (i.e., 6th grade moving up and graduation).
- Full participation in Bangor Athletics.
- Earn a Bangor Area School District diploma.
- The learning platform is the same from grades K-12, making navigating student learning at different levels easy.
- Program maintains a relationship with the home brick and mortar school which includes building communication.
- Access to support services (school counselors, school nurses, school psychologists, etc.).
- Supports students with disabilities.
- Opportunity for blended programing that may include the Career Institute of Technology (CIT).
- Zero tuition costs.
- Multimedia-based curriculum with video presentations.
- Real-time reports on student progress and achievement.
- Opportunity for students to develop responsibility, time management, self-discipline, dedication, and independence.
- Access to courses anytime and anywhere when connected to the Internet.
- District provides technology as needed (including a device and Internet).
- Student paced, within the guidelines of the course.
- Flexibility allows continued progress in coursework while traveling or part-time work schedules.