Welcome to Bangor Area School District Transportation Services
Since 2011, the Bangor Area School District has contracted with Student Transportation of America (STA) to provide transportation services. Student Transportation of America (STA) is North America’s most trusted and largest independent provider of school bus transportation services. STA’s family of local companies is the fastest-growing and most innovative school bus transportation provider delivering safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation solutions to school districts throughout the U.S. and Canada. STA is a family of local companies and is North America’s safest independent provider of school bus transportation services, with an industry-leading safety rating and the youngest fleet in the business.
Passenger Safety: Our #1 Priority
There's more to getting on and off the bus safely than putting one foot in front of the other. From GPS speed and idling reports, to engine diagnostics, preventive maintenance and regular driver training, everything we do at Student Transportation Inc. is designed with the safety of our passengers as our top priority.
Safety Tips for Students:
- Always walk ten feet in front of the bus – never behind the bus.
- Always stay at least five giant steps (ten feet) away from the side of the vehicle while waiting at the bus stop or immediately after exiting the bus.
- If you drop something, tell the bus driver – never stop or bend over to pick it up.
Boarding the Bus
If you have to cross the road to get onto the school bus:
- Stay on the side of the road, away from traffic, until the bus stops and the driver signals to cross.
- When the driver signals that it is safe to cross, you should first check for traffic. Many motorists illegally pass stopped school buses. So you (and the bus driver) must check for traffic in both directions: look left-right-left.
- As you cross in front of the school bus, watch the driver. If you can see the driver, the driver can see you.
- Board the bus using the handrail.
- Move toward the rear of the vehicle quickly without crowding or pushing.
- Sit down quickly.
Exiting the Bus:
- Move ten feet away from the bus at once.
- If you have to cross the road to get home:
- Stay on the side of the road away from traffic and ten feet ahead of the bus where you can see the driver’s face.
- When the driver signals that it is safe to cross, cross to the outside edge of the bus and check both ways for traffic.
- If it’s clear, cross quickly.
- If it’s not clear, return to the curb.
- Once off the bus, go straight home.
Student Transportation of America
Bangor Area School District Liaison:
Braden Hendershot, Ed.D.
Assistant to the Superintendent
(P) 610-588-2163 x8822